Sunday, February 5, 2012

Onion Tomato Chutney

Chutney and sambhar help in complementing the taste of idli or dosa. I feel most of the time to come up with excellent chutneys  you should be born in a  South Indian family. My close friends chitra is a chutney queen she has so many ideas for chutneys. She tells me the recipe of the chutneys but when it is finally ready the taste is no where similar to the one you have eaten.
My hubby always tells me that you need to learn to make chutneys. And he is a big chutney fan. After practicing for a long time I managed to expertise myself in making onion tomato chutney. Today I am sharing with you my family secret of onion tomato chutney. 

Ingredients
  • 1 medium onion sliced
  • 1 medium tomato sliced
  • 1 spoon urad dal
  • 1 spoon chana dal
  • 3 garlic pods
  • 1" ginger piece
  • 2-3 dried red chillies
  • Jeera
  • Mustard seeds
  • Curry leaves
  • Turmeric
  • Hing
  • Oil 
Process-> In a  non stick kadhai add one spoon oil in that add first fry the onion, ginger and garlic till it is tender. Next add the tomato and red chillies and saute it for 2-3 minutes on a slow medium flame. Remove the onion, tomato, red chillies, ginger and garlic in a plate. Next add both the dals and saute them on a medium flame till they are golden brown. Once everything has cooled down crush in the mixer add little satl as per taste and make a  fine paste. In a kadhai take little more oil for the tadka add mustard seeds, jeera, curry leaves, hing  and tumreric and let it splutter. Pour the tadka on the chutney.

No comments:

Post a Comment