Thursday, December 1, 2011

Spinach corn pulao

I had this craving to taste spinach pulao for a very long time. I had never made it before so today I decided I will make it .Was not sure whether it will be a hit or a flop. I have two very good critics my daughter and husband .They encourage me to cook yummy food. I added corn to add little color to the rice. But while eating the corn had a slight crunch and it tasted good.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup rice
  • 1 1/2 cup chopped spinach 
  • 2/3 cup corn
  • 1/2 medium sliced onion
  • 1 small diced tomato
  • 2 slit green chillies
  • 1 spoon grated ginger
  • 4 bay leaves
  • 5 pepper corns
  • 3 cloves
  • 2 inch cinnamon 
  • 2 masala elaichi
  • 1 cardamom
  • 1/2 spoon biryani powder
  • Salt
  • Oil
Process->Take oil in pan. When hot add all the whole garam masalas and let it splutter. Then add the onion and fry till it becomes tender. Add the tomatoes, ginger, biryani powder and green chillies and fry it. Once the tomatoes cook tender add spinach, corn and salt. Cook the spinach and corn on high flame stirring continuously. As the water evaporates and spinach has cooked add rice and fry it for 2-3 minutes.Add 2 cups of water and salt as per taste and cook the rice. Serve it with papad and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment