Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pumpkin fry

As far as I can remember I never ate pumpkin till I got married. After my wedding when I came to Tampa and started cooking myself and got tired of the same vegetables that's when I started trying out the vegetables which I never ate before and one of that was pumpkin. My mom would always tell me taste it and see and I would say it smells so bad. I am in my same stage like my mom but my daughter is good she liked the taste of raw pumpkin. Try out this simple pumpkin fry recipe. 

Ingredients
  • 2 cups diced pumpkin
  • 2 spoons green peas
  • 2 green chillies
  • Turmeric
  • Salt
  • Jeera
  • Mustard seeds
  • Curry leaves
  • Oil 
  • Corriander leaves
Process->In a non stick pan add 1-2 spoons oil and heat it. Add jeera, mustard seeds, curry leaves and hing and let it splutter. Add turmeric, green chillies and peas and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Finally add the pumpkin and salt place a lid on the pan while it is cooking. Switch of the flame once the pumpkin has cooked tender. Garnish it with corriander leaves and serve it chapati.

No comments:

Post a Comment